Question :

In a family suit defendant after submitting written reply had not appeared court initiate ex-parte proceeding against him on 04.10.2018. Defendant could not produced his witnesses in support of his version whereas plaintiff himself as well as 02 other witnesses produced the court and recorded their statements. on 16.01.2019 final decree announced on Suit of Recovery dowry articles of Rs.6,00.000 whereas defendant has denied to received dowry articles in his written reply. What remedies are available to defendant if he want to pursue now and defend his case?


  1. In my opinion, he should file an appeal before the District Judge.

Write a comment: