Question :

I signed a document stating that I am divorcing my wife 3 times. Now this was done on pressure from my family and being Ahle Hadees from the last 12 years or so, I have no doubt in my belief that according to Quran and Sunnah, only one divorce takes place in one sitting even if one pronounces or writes it down 300 times. Now if I want to reconcile with my wife, what does that Pakistani law say ?


  1. According to Pakistani Laws, you have right to withdraw the notice of Talaq any time but before the expiry of 90 days or issuance of the divorce certificate. Union Council/arbitration Council ll call you to confirm the divorce, u may also deny to accept it.

  2. 23/08/2017

    Someone told me that you can withdraw only if the notice mentions divorce statement only once. The one I sent mentioned the statement thrice. Can I still withdraw? It hasn’t been 90 days but I don’t know if the local council has issued divorce certificate yet or not

Write a comment: