Question :

If husband is declared impotent by medical board in family court case.What legal options are there for husband to defend himself.


  1. The may pass decree for dissolution of marriage on following ground ,

    (v) that the husband was impotent at the time of the marriage and continues to be so;

    before passing a decree on ground (v) the Court shall, on application by the husband, make
    an order requiring the husband to satisfy the Court within a period of one year from the date of
    such order that he has ceased to be impotent, and if the husband so satisfied the Court within such
    period, no decree shall be passed on the said ground.

    So, you have one year to satisfy court that you are no more impotent. or if you think so, that decision of board is wrong then you may also challenge the result of board and a new board ll examine you again,

Write a comment: