Question :

My father purchased a house in 1972 but only registry was there and intekal was noted in 2016 after his death. That home ownership was also transferred to me after his death as inherited property. Now i am going to sale this house, excise people are asking for Gain tax on sale of house on the basis of itekal of 2016 which was registered on my father name. Kindly guide.


  1. in my opinion, the asked tax is not payable as same was not introduced in 1974…. the purchased was completed in 1974, the intekal is just an entry of record, as same was not recorded earlier, therefore, it can be rectified later.

Write a comment: