Question :

Dear team My friends ex-spouse did not pay interim maintenance for children last month. Now as per law what she is able to do legal action against him. Is his right to defence now automatically cancelled and we get ex-party decision or did he got fine , or should we need to apply for application to got ex-party decision. He was paying maintenance for last 12 months without issues, but this month despite appearance in court he did not pay it.


  1. No, court shall grant him at least two opportunities and if he remains fail to pay the interim maintenance the court shall decree the suit on available evidence in file .There is no need to file a separate application but your lawyer should contest is strongly .

Write a comment: