Question :

Husband has given unconditional right of divorce to wife that she exercise by saying 4 times in presence of her mother in law and maid; ‘I give you talaq’

Its been 10months and both are living separately in different places and yet wife didnt submit Talaq to union council/ legal etc.

Please suggest whether divorce has happened?


  1. No. to exercise her right of divorce, she must send a written notice to concern Union Council/chairman arbitration council that same right has been given to her and now she is exercising her right of divorce.
    Arbitration council ll issue the Talaq certificate after failure of reconciliation efforts within 90 days of given notice.

Write a comment: