Question :


I have question.

I married from Pakistan Lahore and I am divorced born and living in UK POC card. I married in Pakistan in may 2022. I was previously married in UK and divorced in UK with non Pakistani girl.

I am trying to register my new marriage may 2022 in Pakistan with submitting UK divorce paper attested and stamped from UK foreign office and Pakistani embassy in London, however union council is saying that I need Pakistani papers/Pakistan divorce

Can you tell me if this is correct or should they accept my uk attested papers.



  1. If marriage was not previously registered in Pakistan then there is no need of divorce registration in Pakistan, Divorce papers from UK shall be sufficient. If concerned Union Council is not accepting it then your may contact us for assistance. you may call at +92 321 4610092.

Write a comment: