Question :

I am the father of 11 year who resides in the us with his mother on a mutual consent legal notarized agreement.

My ex filed for passport renewal online and all the documents were submitted but the dgip online has raised an objection to attach a guardianship Certificate in favour of mother to get.

I reside in Pakistan and the family court lawyer said that the judge said that it’s out of their jurisdiction it has to be done with in the US.

please help.


  1. your lawyer is right. for issuance of Guardianship Certificate , minor should be in jurisdiction of that court. in you case , if minor cant visit Pakistan, then she may get a custody order from a US court through said notarized agreement .

Write a comment: