Question :

The husband of my wife’s sister has marriaged (without her permission) 3rd time and went to UAE. My sister in law is his first wife with two child’s. He is not giving any of her rights including any financial help. She is forced to job. He orally divorced many times and after sometimes eat his words. Now he has again divorced on stamp paper but without any signature of him or any witness nor by any court. Now tell us whether there is any legal relation between them? How we do to get financial help for his wife and children from him?


  1. There is no value of oral divorce in the eye of law unless same is endorse by the husband before arbitration council/union council.
    your sister and children can claim maintenance from him through family court in Pakistan. for more info do consult me at +92 335 90 99 100/

Write a comment: