Question :

My husband had second marriage without my permission with a canadian citizen who is indian and now his visa is in process all without my marriage took place in 2013 and his second marriage in 2016..since 1 year 8 months im at my parents house..he didnt even call money sent to me since..kindly guide me what law says about my situation.


  1. Second marriage without the permission of the arbitration council and consent of the first wife is an offense in Pakistan. If you file a complaint before family COurt, he may get punishment of up to one-year imprisonment and 5 lac rupees fine. You also have the right to claim maintenance and your dower amount and a separate home from your husband through court or you may get a divorce on the same ground.

    Canadian Government also not recognized a second marriage, So you may inform the Canadian Embassy in Pakistan regarding this fraudulent marriage by your Husband.
    for more consultation. please visit our office or call us at 0321 4610092.

Write a comment: